Puffed Quinoa Granola Bars
- 2 cups (500 mL) puffed quinoa
- 1 cup (250 mL) sunflower seed
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried cherries
- ½ cup (125 mL) roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) flax seed
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 mL) ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon (1 mL) kosher salt
- ¼ cup (50 mL) brown rice syrup, warmed
- Makes: 10 servings
- Portion Size: 1 bar
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350°F. (177°C)
- Add all ingredients except syrup to bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 1 and drizzle in warmed syrup. Continue mixing until syrup is thoroughly dispersed. Spread mixture onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until quinoa is toasted. Cool on wire rack 1 hour or until firm. Cut into 10 bars.
- Puffed quinoa can usually be found in the cereal aisle of organic supermarkets.
- Substitute other puffed grains for the quinoa, such as amaranth, barley, kamut, or millet.
ARTISAN® SERIES 5-QUART TILT-HEAD STAND MIXER
Make your favourite snacks, batches of cookie dough or cake batter with the 5-quart stainless steel mixing bowl with comfortable handle. With 10 speeds, the stand mixer will quickly become your kitchen’s culinary center as you mix, knead and whip ingredients with ease.Learn More